microRNAs are 18~25 nt single-stranded RNAs processed from endogenous hairpin-shaped transcript precursors. miRNAs function as guide molecules in post-transcriptional gene silencing by base pairing with target mRNAs, which leads to mRNA cleavage or translational repression. Numerous studies have established miRNA-mediated silencing playing important roles in development and disease. The enriched presence in biofluids has been developed as a class of valuable biomarkers for diagnosis of disease conditions.
microRNA next-gen sequencing has the throughput and depth coverage even for low abundance miRNAs or subtle differential expression. It has the ability to resolve finer details of isomiRs with length polymorphism and modifications such as by RNA editing and 3' non-template nucleotide addition. Arraystar miRNA-sequencing service can be performed on any species and discover novel miRNAs, even without prior miRNA reference.
Arraystar miRNA-seq starts with customer supplied total RNA samples. The results delivered in the standard package include detailed data report, publication-ready graphics, and rich analyses, such as differential expression analysis, hierarchical clustering, novel miRNA discovery, target gene prediction, gene ontology/pathway analysis, many of which are advanced features not typically available or only as separate options by other providers.
Benefits of microRNA Sequencing
• Highly precise single-base sequence resolution
• Full length sequencing covering entire lengths of miRNAs
• Identification of isomiRs
• Distinction of mature miRNAs from pre-microRNAs
• No cross-hybridization ambiguity issues
• Sensitive detection for low abundance miRNAs at single-copy per cell level
• Resolving power for subtle differential expression
• Excellent technical reproducibility
• Cost-effective highly optimized full service from Sample to Data
Coverage and Annotation
• Applicable to any species
• Always annotated with the latest miRBase
• Not dependent on prior miRNAs reference
• Novel miRNA discovery
Standard Analysis Package with Advanced Features
• miRNA alignment with the latest version of miRBase
• Length distribution of adaptor-trimmed reads
• Novel miRNA discovery and secondary structure prediction (Fig. 4)
• microRNA expression analysis (Fig. 2)
• Differentially expressed miRNAs with statistics (Fig. 3)
• Genomic distribution of differentially expressed miRNAs along chromosomes
• Hierarchical clustering (Fig. 1)
• miRNA Targets Prediction
• miRNA target gene network (Fig. 5)
• GO Analysis of miRNA Target Genes (Fig. 6)
• Pathway Analysis of miRNA Target Genes (Fig. 7)
Arraystar offers high throughput microRNA sequencing services using the Illumina sequencing platform. Our full sequencing service includes optimized microRNA sequencing library construction, high throughput microRNA sequencing, and Superior Data Analysis.
Please refer to Sample Submission for details in how to get your project started.
1. Incoming microRNA QC
2. Sequencing library preparation
3. Cluster Generation on Cluster Station
4. Sequencing by Illumina platform
5. Data extraction, analysis and summarization
Next-generation sequencing of the basal cell carcinoma miRNome and a description of novel microRNA candidates under neoadjuvant vismodegib therapy: an integrative molecular and surgical case study.Sand M, et al.Ann Oncol,2016
Boerries M. et al. (2013) "Molecular fingerprinting of the podocyte reveals novel gene and protein regulatory networks." Kidney Int. 83(6):1052-64 [PMID: 23364521]