Arraystar Inc. is seeking a Field Sales Account Representative to work in the greater Washington DC metropolitan region. This is a Technical/Outside Sales position with the responsibility to increase sales, obtain new clients, promote repeat business and gain market share. This person would be selling to and working primarily with the life sciences and medical research communities.
• Sell our full service microarray and next generation sequencing services, in the field, to universities, research institutions, and commercial companies engaged in life science and/or medical research
• Build and maintain strong relationships with both new and existing customers and to meet and exceed sales objectives within your defined territory
• Develop new business while growing our existing clientele base
• A bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, Business, or another relevant field
• 2-3 years of field sales experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Solid computer skills such as email and Word required - Utilize ACT! CRM database daily
• Strong business acumen, with the perseverance to overcome complex sales scenarios
• Experience in consultative selling to institutional/academic customers with good closing skills
• Adept in negotiation, persuasion and partnering skills
• Eagerness to learn the science behind our products and services and their applications
• Must be dynamic, ambitious and have the drive to succeed
• Willingness to travel throughout the territory (up to 20% overnight)
• Must live in the region and be able to routinely report to our Rockville, Maryland office
This is a full time position. We offer competitive compensation based on qualifications.