- Drive new account/customer development by reviewing target lists; organizing customers by segment and opportunity (e.g., size, type of institution); researching contact information for decision-makers ;understanding the complexities of selling to first class medical research institutions and universities
- Manage an assigned list of accounts following a comprehensive sales process to expand existing accounts; maintaining and growing existing customer business within assigned territory.
- Conduct prospecting/introductory calls with sufficient volume (50-60 contacts per day) to establish a full calendar of phone/web meetings; conducting web/live meetings with clients to improve market share within the territory.
- Contribute to sales forecasting, including maintaining accurate and complete information in ACT, estimating sales pipeline probabilities, and compiling information into regular reports as requested.
- Represent the "voice of the customer" to marketing by capturing regularly occurring or leading-edge customer requests that are garnered through the sale process; consolidating requests and sharing information with Marketing to contribute to marketing strategy and execution
- Manage time and resources effectively to accomplish sales goals by planning for and scheduling all required sales activity and non-selling activities (service processing, updating ACT, Sales reports, e-mail).
- Performs other duties as requested by Supervisor.
Bachelor's Degree with at least 1 year of inside sales experience, including:
Understanding of sales process and activities; having consistent achievement of sales quotas.
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Long sales cycles (6 - 12 months).
- Consultative sales approach.
- Learning a complex product line quickly through self-initiative and discipline.
Occasional overnight travel, approximately 2-5 sales/trade show trips per year.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org